What I've Learned
I got this email from Niña which I consider the best guide to live each day...
1. I've learned that when you plan to get even with someone, you are only letting that person continue to hurt you.
- Yeah, right because you keep outragely thinking about her/him when she/he would have been sleeping or doing things okay..paki nia sayo.
2. I've learned that the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter that I am.
- I strongly agree!! Way back in College, when I was transferred to another section during the 2nd sem in my first year, I finished the semester as dean's listee. But I found it too easy.. nobody had evaluated or assessed my capabilities up to the highest level. On my 2nd year, I was placed to the top section again with my classmates (ex-Valedictorian, ex-Salu, ex-Honors list) all smart and intelligent, and I ended up as one of them, or just an average compared to them but I gave a tough fight. I learned so much from them and I was trained to work under pressure.
3. I've learned that everyone you meet deserves to be greeted with a smile.
- Yeah, indeed! And I usually end up talking with them (usually during my trips)
4. I've learned that love, not time, heals all wounds.
- Hmmmm.... yeah, I just hope I could fall in love again to heal all my wounds. (Naks!)
5. I've learned that no one is perfect until you fall in love with them.
- Well, it is yet to be seen.
6. I've learned that life is tough, but I'm tougher.
- Exactly! You should be the one to rule over your life amidst difficulties - BASTA JUST KEEP THE FAITH WITH GOD!
7. I've learned that opportunities are never lost; someone will take the ones you miss.
- Yes! Just remember, if it's meant for you, then, it is God's will. There are things that we regret coz we thought it should have taken us up higher but if you'll never know if it would have taken you up higher when you have it anyways. Lesson is - Always appreciate what you have right now and do your very best now.
8. I've learned that when you harbor bitterness, happiness will dock elsewhere.
- Yeah, it is always right to forgive someone who hurt you, and ask forgiveness as well to the ones you have hurt (this is something I'm trying to work out with myself - to be forgiving!)
9. I've learned taht one should keep his words with soft and tender, because tomorrow he may have to eat them.
- Im guilty of this! At times, it is better not to speak your mind.
10. I've learned that a smile is an inexpensive way to improve your looks.
- Agree! Just check you pics, it says!
11. I've learned that I can't choose how I feel, but I can choose what I do about it.
- Yes! Just ask for the Holy Spirit to control you....as I usually commit mistakes when my feelings or emotions control over me.
12. I've learned that everyone wants to live on top of the mountaion but all the happiness and growth occurs while you're climbing it.
- Eh gusto ko sa tabing-dagat tumira eh! Dream ko nga beach house..hehehe! Kidding aside, it's not the destination that matters, but the journey.
13. I've learned that it is best to give advice in only two circumstances; when it is requested and when it is a life threatening situation!
- Now I know! IT is better at times to be just a listener.
14. I've learned that the less time I have to work with, the more things I get done.
- Korek! lalo na pag smart ka!hahahah! I mean, efficient and effective ka dapat.
15. I've learned that the best classroom in the world is at the feet of an elderly person.
- Or else, tatapakan ka or tatadyakan ka! (Di ko ma gets!hehehe) Nah-- siempre about mentors eto, or somebody na may experience na sa life.
16. I've learned that when you're in love, it shows.
- Oo naman! Glowing inside yan e! AT natutuliro...
17. I've learned that just one person saying to me; "You've made my day! makes my day.
- No comment.. la pa nagsabi sakin nyan e!
18. I've learned that being kind is more important than being right.
- Yeah, dapat kasi may compassion ka rin e..not all things madadala for being righteous.. puede nga din, it is better to be good than being nice.
19. I've learned that you should never say "no" to a gift from a child.
- Of course! Seldom lang na maka-received ka ng gift from a child no...unless bridge ung child! Echos!
20. I've learned that I can always pray for someone when I don't have the strenght to help him in some other way.
- Amen!
21. I've learend that no matter how serious your life requires you to be, everyone nees a friend to act goofy with.
- Yup! kasi laughter is the best medicine! :=)
22. I've learned that sometimes all a person needs is a hand to hold and a heart to understand.
- I strongly agree! Un lang din kailangan ko eh.
23. I've learned that simple walks with my father around the block on summer nights when I was a child did wonders for me as an adult.
- Kahit makikipagkwentuhan ka lng sa mga bata, relaxing na.
24. I've learned that life is like a roll of toilet paper. The closer it gets to the end, the faster it goes.
- Ano kaya to...naghihingalo na???? Di ko ma-gets eh!
25. I've learned that we should be glad God doesn't give us everything we ask for.
- Talaga! kasi later on, mare-realize mo kung bakit di na grant ung particular prayer mo...always may reason..
26. I've learned that money doesn't buy class.
- Nasa nagdadala yan....
27. I've learned that it's those small daily happenings that make life spectacular.
- Talaga! Kaya nga live each day e.
28. I've learned that under everyone's hard shell is someone who wants to be appreciated and loved.
- Yeah kasi un ung strong points nila amidst ung weaknesses so it something soooo important.
29. I've learned that the Lord didn't do it all in one day. What makes me think I can?
- EXACTLY!!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home